Sunday, July 02, 2006

Saying goodbye to Eastwood Mall

This is the atrium to the food court that the mayor got to tear down.

This is the same thing from a distance.

This is the parking lot on the Service Merchandise side.

This was once part of Books-A-Million.

Here is the same thing from a different view.In person,this looks like a bomb went off.

Here is where the Joe Muggs sign was.

A picture of Books-A-Million and Joe Muggs.

This is where Parisian once was....this was Joanna's favorite place to "shop" with her five fingers.

This is the entrance to the mall on the Regions Bank and Eastwood Library side. Volunteering at the library when I was 14 was my first job.

This was where Fred's(used to be Drugs for Less) was.I worked there when we were newlyweds.

This is a picture of the rubble of the bowling alley on the Baskin Robbins side of the mall.This concludes the farewell tour of Eastwood Mall.It isn't something nice to look at.It wasn't something fun to do either,but it was something that I felt I had to do since I literally have a lifetime of memories of this place.

Posted by Picasa